IDPwithBEE OFF-SEASON TARGETS
There’s just one game left in the 2013-2014 NFL season but as we know fantasy season doesn’t end as we’re still wheeling and dealing or waiting for the opportunity to trade for a future stud that’s flying under the radar. I’m going to start things off by giving you 10 IDP (5 at a time) players who you should be able to trade for this off-season and not having to sacrifice a whole lot.
1. DEVIN TAYLOR / DL / Detroit Lions: Taylor is a freak standing 6’7 and shown flashes of his capability with limited snaps down the stretch in season. Lions front four is about to become a nightmare for opposing QB’s as Taylor would have 1 season under his belt and will be starting opposite Ziggy in 2014. He has a borderline DL1 ceiling but sits at a DL3 value right now & should have a low price tag especially since you can stream DL’s if you don’t own an elite one. Although you can stream DL, why bother when you can be getting starting material in Taylor on a bargain (right now) before his price tag raises. Taylor reaching double digit sack numbers isn’t out of reach could have low tackle numbers but will help in turnover category.
2. DERRICK MORGAN / DL / Tennessee Titans: I feel Morgan will be flying under the radar next season and you could get him cheap right now because his owner may not want to risk dealing with his injuries again; but that’s not why you want him. I’m going to be targeting Morgan in leagues because I still believe in his potential; the one who brought us 59 tackles and 6.5 QB sacks in 2012 and these numbers will be reached again. With Horton aboard now Morgan shall benefit with his hybrid scheme, rather standing up or hand in the dirt. If you can get Morgan now, go for it because he’s going to be a solid DL2 next season.
3. JASON PIERRE-PAUL / DL / New York Giants: if there ever was a time to buy low on JPP or get him at a bargain price this may be you’re only off-season to do so and worth it. He still remains a legit DL1 IDP that’s just battling setbacks and injuries right now but the long term benefit of owning him when healthy will pay off what you let go of now. We all know JPP didn’t look right this season and was pretty much pathetic and some owners even went as far as wanting to drop him (redraft yes, dynasty hell no) or sell him on the cheap (if this owner is in your league, attack now!). I expect JPP to be fully recovered and healthy heading into next season, therefore 15 QB sacks isn’t out of the question plus more. If you’re able to trade for him at a bargain now, do it and you’ll thank me later.
4. SIO MOORE / LB / Oakland Raiders: Sio was one of my favorite LB’s entering the draft last season and when OAK took him I knew he was an opportunity away from a breakout and on his way to a solidified IDP spot. In week 10 Sio broke out vs NYG with a 10 tackle 1 FF 1 Sack performance and immediately came to IDP’ers radar. Had a few quiet games after but don’t dismiss his potential, especially in big play leagues where he can become LB2 valuable. He sits at LB4 or depth but has the ceiling of a LB2 as his snaps will increase, but I believe he starts next season and is the 2nd most talented LB in Oakland behind Nick Roach. Had 38 solo tackles and 4.5 sacks on limited opportunity in ’13, I expect those numbers to double in ’14 and rightfully so, Moore is a solid edge rusher.
5. ARTHUR BROWN / LB / Baltimore Ravens: seems like a broken record as I continue to praise Arthur Brown around the IDP world, because he is that talented just didn’t have the opportunity like his fellow rookie standouts like Kiko Alonso and Alec Ogletree. In limited snaps we seen the potential Brown flashes from dropping back in coverage to attacking the QB, Coach Harbaugh expects Brown to win the WILL LB spot next season and I do too, Kiko and company had their shine but in 2014 it’ll be Arthur Brown’s turn. Brown has been the #1 rookie LB taken in drafts, sometimes the 1st Rookie IDP taken in drafts and some owners been patient but if you have an owner in your league who is willing to deal Brown, do it. In Baltimore’s scheme, Brown has the ceiling to rack up 120+ tackles and contribute in all other categories as well, 5 QB sacks isn’t out of reach neither. Grab Brown now and reap the benefits of a future LB1 stud.
The first 5 IDP’s off-season targets is in the books, the next 5 will be arriving shortly so stay tuned. As always feel free to reach me via twitter @IDPwithBEE_DSE