IDPwithBEE DAY 3 IDP IMPACT PLAYERS
The last and final day of the 2013 NFL draft has come and gone with rounds 4-7 in the books. Tons of value where had in each round, for example the Seahawks ended up getting Jesse Williams who was projected to go in the 1st round yet Seattle somehow was able to get him in the 5th round; steal. I’m going to take a look at 15 IDP’s of who I think should be IDP ready shortly and provide that impact, whether they’re an injury away from opportunity or just flat out ball out in camp and earn their spot.
- KHASEEM GREENE, LB – BEARS: majority had him being drafted in rounds 2-3 but somehow finds his way being drafted into day 3. Former Safety turned LB, has a feel for coverage and that’s always a plus from the LB spot. I see him eventually beating out & starting over James Anderson, Greene is more athletic and CHI needs youth at the LB spot. I like Greene; I’m looking at a LB4 value right now with upside to LB3.
- SHAMARKO THOMAS, DB – STEELERS: hard hitter, Bob Sanders-like safety that fits the Steelers perfectly. Both Polamalu and Clark are aging and Shamarko will have no problem stepping in. Depth for now but an injury away from putting up numbers. DB4 with DB3 upside and DB2 ceiling when he starts.
- PHILLIP THOMAS, DB – REDSKINS: reads the QB well, solid in zone and can play in the box. With little to no competition in Washington at the safety position, the SS job should be Thomas’s to lose. He’ll have no problem putting up numbers. DB3 right now and DB2 ceiling when he gets the starting gig.
- QUANTERUS SMITH, DL – BRONCOS: let nation in QB Sacks before he tore his ACL in November. Quanterus is a solid dynasty stash right now as he’ll be a “redshirt” more than likely as he continues his recovery. He’ll fill in Dumervil’s role when he gets on the field and if he returns to his old-self the Broncos got a steal with Smith and easily a double-digit QB Sack player from the jump. DL3 value as a stash with DL2 upside.
- DEVIN TAYLOR, DL – LIONS: solid height and has the strength to shed blockers to get to the QB. With the lack of pass rushers on the ends in Detroit I expect Taylor to be a day 1 starter alongside fellow rookie Ezekiel Ansah. Taylor could flirt with at least 7 QB Sacks and a few turnovers. DL3 value at the moment.
- BRANDON JENKINS, LB – REDSKINS: Redskins get another talented edge rusher who was once considered a 1st round talent. Is an injury away from a solid opportunity on an improving defense. LB5 with LB3 upside if and when he gets a starting job.
- JOSH EVANS, DB – JAGUARS: could contribute on special teams for the moment but eventually should be starting next to Cyprien. Evans is fast and aggressive and a sure tackler. Should be the future of the Jaguars and no problem putting up numbers in IDP world. DB4 value right now and a strong DB3 value when he gets the starting gig.
- A.J. KLEIN, LB – PANTHERS: depth behind Beason right now, a poor man’s Chad Greenway. You know his opportunity will arise sooner than later due to the injury history with Carolina’s OLB’s. LB4 with LB3 upside.
- DEVONTE HOLLOMAN, LB – COWBOYS: played SS before moving to a hybrid LB for South Carolina. His coverage skills should help him get on the field, I expect Holloman to make the roster because the DAL LB’s aren’t exactly ones to stay healthy all 16. LB5 with upside to LB3 if/when he his fair share of snaps.
- ALEX OKAFOR, DL – CARDINALS: will make a switch to OLB in Arizona’s 3-4 scheme and will battle Acho and Schofield for playing time; which shouldn’t be a problem. Nothing special about Okafor but he’ll get the job done. LB5 with LB4 upside
- GERALD HODGES, LB – VIKINGS: able to play SAM or WILL, would be a solid compliment to Greenway. Sound tackler and NFL starter ready. LB4 with LB3 upside if he lands a starting job in MIN.
- BACARRI RAMBO, DB – REDSKINS: solid centerfield safety with ball hawk skills. Will compete for a starting job, Thomas and Rambo can form a solid safety tandem in Washington. DB4 with DB3 upside and DB2 ceiling (he lands a starting position).
- JORDAN POYER, DB – EAGLES: Eagles got a steal in the 7th round; Poyer is a physical corner with ball hawking traits. Could be the slot CB behind Fletcher and Williams. DB4 with DB3 upside.
- VINCE WILLIAMS, LB – STEELERS: depth behind Timmons and Foote but with Foote aging and if Williams has a solid camp; he could push for extra snaps and early play time. Definitely one to keep an eye on can be a solid dynasty stash. LB5 with LB3 upside when he gets the opportunity.
- JELANI JENKINS, LB – DOLPHINS: excels in coverage and that’s what could vault him into nickel packages and get him some playing time on the field. Can be a nice piece to add to the LB corps alongside Ellerbe and Wheeler. LB4 with LB3 upside.