So its here, the 2010 NFL Season is upon us once again and i cannot tell you how happy this makes me! no longer having to worry about what to watch on TV. Therefore, here is my game preview on what i think will happen tomorrow.
This is a highly anticipated game, a rematch of the NFC Championship Game where Favre got roughed up pretty bad. A few important injuries play on both sides of the ball for both teams; such as Sidney Rice out for the Vikes for half of the season. Percy Harvin is dealing with his migraines once again, AP no longer has Chester Taylor behind em and Cedric Griffin is questionable in the secondary. On the home stand, the Saints are going to miss Darren Sharper, who was put on the PUP list, therefore won’t be available to play till week 6 at least. Gone is Mike Bell, in came Ladell Betts, Chris Ivory, PJ Hill and Lynell Hamilton and all out they go, Ladell gone, Ivory battling an injured knee, PJ Hill out for the year along with Lynell. Big blow for the Saints, on a positive note we expect Pierre “PT” Thomas to have a huge year, a huge role this time around. Perhaps living up to the top 10 potential we all seen in him if given the carries, well now we shall see it.
YOUR FANTASY RELEVANCE
- QB – DREW BREES – NOS – its ring night, Saints could be suffering the superbowl hangover yet should keep his teams nerves down. With a suspect secondary in MIN expect Brees to post up usual numbers. QB1 (20-25pts)
- RB – PIERRE THOMAS – NOS – only Bush is his threat, if you want to consider him that, although MIN front 4 is tough Pierre will have an all-around game as your RB2 (12-15points)
- RB – REGGIE BUSH – NOS – in PPR leagues, Bush is a strong flex start, borderline RB2 for your team because he’ll get you receptions since he’s heavily involved in the pass game. (7-12points)
- WR – MARQUES COLSTON – NOS – WR1 for NOS, as long as he’s healthy Brees will continue to look his way, especially in the redzone, sad thing is there’s so much targets in NOS its hard for Colston to produce WR1 numbers. Consider Colston a strong WR2 (10-15points)
- WR – ROBERT MEACHEM – NOS – looking to start off strong this year, looks healthy and one of Brees favorite target with his speed and athleticism. Meachem should be a strong play as your WR3, borderline WR2. (9-12points)
- RB – ADRIAN PETERSON – MIN – a solid start in week 1 against a questionable front 7. Vikes should be feeding Peterson early and often before the game gets out of hand, strong start for AP once again. (20-25points)
- WR – PERCY HARVIN – MIN – don’t his migraines worry you, Percy will play. With no Sidney, look for Favre to throw to Percy often, they need a playmaker on offense and thats what Percy brings to the table. (12-17pts)
- WR – BERNARD BERRIAN – MIN – takes over WR1 in MIN by default with Sidney out for half the year. He had a strong game last time he faced the Saints, look for a repeat if BTwice looks interested and involved in the game; he has the downfield speed for Favre. (8-14points)
- TE – VISHANTE SHIANCOE – MIN – Favre’s security blanket, with Rice out he becomes Favre’s main redzone target and he may not get yards, but he’ll get you the TD’s (9-14points)
Gonna go into naming all the IDP’s that should be on your roster or radar
MIN : Jared Allen(sack machine) Ray Edwards (underrated on that front 4) EJ Henderson (he’s back!) Chad Greenway (tackle machine) Antoine Winfield (great in tackles and turnovers, not so much in cover)
NOS : Will Smith (strong end, will get sacks) Jonathan Vilma (he’s playing, leader of the defense, all-around play) Roman Harper (no Sharper more is going to be asked of him, great run stopper from the safety position)
THE OUTCOME : in what’s expected to be a shoot-out again, it should be an offensive game with a few turnovers. Saints won’t win by a field goal again but should be somewhere near it. Look for Brees and co. to build off adrenaline from ring night and show their fans appreciation.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS – 31 MINNESOTA VIKINGS – 27