These guys are going between rounds 8 – beyond and they can provide you with a ton of value and help your team if you draft these guys as a backup or flex starter, heck maybe even your drafting these guys as a RB2 or WR3 but i got a few names i see that will outperform their draft position.
- BERNARD BERRIAN – WR – MIN : With Sidney Rice out for half of the season, it’ll no doubt benefit “B-Twice” as he’s healthy this year and before there was Rice there was a Berrian. Great as a WR3, borderline WR2
- CADILLAC WILLIAMS – RB – TBB : Probably the LAST “workhorse” running back being drafted, improving line and offense and fully healthy he should find himself in top 20 RB seasons end. Excellent Flex and can become a RB2 as season progresses.
- JOHNNY KNOX – WR – CHI : Martz system fits the build, should be Cutler’s favorite target and with improved route running should put up some excellent numbers as your WR3. If you were to pick any Bears WR this is the guy you’d want.
- CHRIS COOLEY – TE – WAS : Healthy and has a QB who loves throwing to his TE. Although TE is deep, getting Cooley in round 11/12 is a nice value, given he can find his way into top 5 territory.
- KEVIN KOLB – QB – PHI : Its his time now, you can get him between rounds 8-11 and easily be your every week starter. Reason being waiting on your QB, he can find his way into top 10 by seasons end.
- MIKE WILLIAMS – WR – TBB : Each day this guy is looking like a steal in the 4th rd of the NFL Draft, already plugged in as Tampa Bay’s WR1; he has the skills to be a star and should be the top rookie WR at seasons end. This guy is too talented and should be a great WR3.
- TASHARD CHOICE – RB – DAL : Choice is an injury away from being this years “ray rice” If you draft Felix or Marion; Choice is a MUST-HAVE Handcuff. Dynasty league definitely target this guy, standard leagues he’s a stash on the bench with opportunity to rise.
- LAURENT ROBINSON – WR – STL : Many have forgotten about Laurent; but he could put up some nice numbers for you. With Donnie Avery possibly out for the year and if Laurent can stay healthy, you can draft him late with upside and possibly starting as your WR3, should be a lock for 1,000yds barring any injury.
- KAREEM HUGGINS – RB – TBB : Huggins has turned a lot of heads throughout camp and with great pre-season play has earned himself a backup spot behind Cadillac. The opportunity is there and definitely someone to keep your eye on, if you draft Cadillac you must handcuff with Huggins.
- JERMICHAEL FINLEY – TE – GBP : I put him here because I’ve seen Finley constantly being drafted between rounds 8 and 9. I still wonder why? Finley is on pace to become fantasy’s #1 Tight End at seasons end.
So if you’re wondering who to grab late, because for me, in those late rounds i tend to draft for potential and upside. Or maybe sometimes picks slip and you reap the benefits of someone else’s mistake.